Create Consumer Client

Jan 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying to develop a simple Document Consumer prototype in C# (.NET) using Visual Studio 2005.

Unfortunately I am a little bit lost which steps are necessary. I already tried to create objects using the XSD-files provided by IHE and I added the official NIST Registry as a Web Reference.

The problem is that the messages I send to the Registry are received by the Registry but can not be understood. Using a network analyzer I found out the the request does not look like the way it should. (Differs from the sample messages provided by IHE).

The Registry does send responses - which are only error messages at the time - but they are not understood by Visual Studio, meaning the the received result is always null.

So I was hoping the someone could be so nice to point out the major points which are needed to contact a Registry Webservice using the given WSDL and the schema files.

Thanks in Advance for both your help and your time!

Greetings

Stefan

Developer
Jan 14, 2010 at 5:06 PM
StrongSteve wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying to develop a simple Document Consumer prototype in C# (.NET) using Visual Studio 2005.

Unfortunately I am a little bit lost which steps are necessary. I already tried to create objects using the XSD-files provided by IHE and I added the official NIST Registry as a Web Reference.

The problem is that the messages I send to the Registry are received by the Registry but can not be understood. Using a network analyzer I found out the the request does not look like the way it should. (Differs from the sample messages provided by IHE).

The Registry does send responses - which are only error messages at the time - but they are not understood by Visual Studio, meaning the the received result is always null.

So I was hoping the someone could be so nice to point out the major points which are needed to contact a Registry Webservice using the given WSDL and the schema files.

Thanks in Advance for both your help and your time!

Greetings

Stefan

Hi,

One of the first things I would try in this regard is to use the test harness that is included with the Sync implementation to get the actions on the soap-request right. The test harness itself is a very simple source/consumer that can send requests and get back responses. 

And if you would like to see what is going on the wire and want to take advantage over content on the wire, i would recommend Wireshark, a network traffic sniffer/analyzer. Let me know if you need additional details.