Clarification about Resolve duplicates message

Aug 18, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Hello,

We've implemented an ITI-44 patient identity source actor in a piece of research software and are looking to synchronize its patient identity data with the XDS.b instance. The registry record added (PRPA_IN201301UV02) and revise (PRPA_IN201302UV02) work however we're having trouble with the duplicates resolved message. I think I've found the problem however I'm not sure if the problem is our interpretation of table 0.2.1-1 in ITI TF-2x or the XDS registry's.

In the table it specifies that //replacementOf/priorRegistration/id is an optional event identifier for the regsitration event and that //replacementOf/priorRegistration/subject1/priorRegisteredRole/id is a mandatory identifier of the merged role. My assumption was that our patient identity source would pass the merged identifier in a structure like this:

<replacementOf typeCode="RPLC">
     <priorRegistration classCode="REG" moodCode="EVN">
           <subject1 typeCode="SBJ">                         
                 <priorRegisteredRole classCode="PAT" >
                       <id root="1.2.840.114350.1.13.99998.8734" extension="34827G234"/>
                  </priorRegisteredRole>
            </subject1>
      </priorRegistration>
</replacementOf>

However it appears the XDS registry is expecting something like:

<replacementOf typeCode="RPLC">
       <priorRegistration classCode="REG" moodCode="EVN">
            <id root="1.2.840.114350.1.13.99998.8734" extension="34827G234"/>
       </priorRegistration>
</replacementOf>

My question is: Which is the correct representation or are both correct? My assumption is that the XDS.b registry was probably implemented to an older version of the XDS.b spec (we're using Rev 8.0). I have also been finding examples on the IHE FTP which match the first representation, however the bundled sample messages use the second. Also, what is everyone's experiences with what other identity sources "in the wild" send?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks