Make SubmissionSet UniqueID really unique in Repository

Jan 23, 2008 at 1:51 PM
Hello,

A few weeks ago I was performing IHE tests on my local CodePlex repository, which had the IHE NIST registry as endpoint. Everytime I had the same problems with the follwoing test cases:
- 11966: Accept one document via XDS.b
- 11979: Accept two documents via XDS.b
- 11981: Accept Document with size, hash and URI attributes via XDS.b

This is the error I got in the beginning:
Error: XDSRegistryError Metadata.getUidHashMap(): SS urn:uuid:fdf17f4c-4d7c-4fc5-b394-9dd2601e5a33 has no uniqueId

After running the test several times it did succeed. My suggestion was that someone else was also performing these tests with the same SubmissionSet uniqueID.

Finally we found out that the Repository does not add info to the SubmissionSet uniqueId of the which he does retrieve from the XDStest2tool. In the situation many user are testing with the same tests it is possible that the SubmissionSet uniqueID is not unique. If your repository adds something unique to it you can be sure it is really unique and only coming from your repository.

Is it a good idea to change the Repository to add something to the SubmissionSet uniqueID to make it really unique?

Thanks,

Harold
Developer
Feb 2, 2008 at 2:38 AM
Hi Harold,

You should not add anything to the submission set coming from your Repository, since your document source should be able to search for that submission set later on in order to retrieve associated documents. I might be wrong, but I think that when you setup the XDSTestTools, you setup an item in the configuration that makes your submissionsets unique. I just finished the Connectathon week, and I don't have the tools here with me right now, but I will let you know as soon as I can about what sets those are. In the meantime, double check the XDSTest2 tools configuration.

Sorry not replying this earlier, but last week and this week were REALLY busy will all the Connectathon preparations.

Cheers, Wagner.

haroldp wrote:
Hello,

A few weeks ago I was performing IHE tests on my local CodePlex repository, which had the IHE NIST registry as endpoint. Everytime I had the same problems with the follwoing test cases:
- 11966: Accept one document via XDS.b
- 11979: Accept two documents via XDS.b
- 11981: Accept Document with size, hash and URI attributes via XDS.b

This is the error I got in the beginning:
Error: XDSRegistryError Metadata.getUidHashMap(): SS urn:uuid:fdf17f4c-4d7c-4fc5-b394-9dd2601e5a33 has no uniqueId

After running the test several times it did succeed. My suggestion was that someone else was also performing these tests with the same SubmissionSet uniqueID.

Finally we found out that the Repository does not add info to the SubmissionSet uniqueId of the which he does retrieve from the XDStest2tool. In the situation many user are testing with the same tests it is possible that the SubmissionSet uniqueID is not unique. If your repository adds something unique to it you can be sure it is really unique and only coming from your repository.

Is it a good idea to change the Repository to add something to the SubmissionSet uniqueID to make it really unique?

Thanks,

Harold